The university chairs are forums for disseminating the specialized research and training activities carried out by the Universitat Rovira i Virgili in collaboration with public and private enitities.
The Strategic Third Mission Plan was approved by the University Senate on 28 May 2009 and identifies the university chairs as one of the specific projects of the URV's Third Mission. The chairs allow the URV to build strong relations with all the agents operating in the region. They also show that it is possible to generate efficient interactions and to create trust between society and the university that will provide for creative reflexion and essential debate.
If the URV is flexible in its relations and acts in an interdisciplinary manner it can catalyze the generation and socialization of knowledge, as well as strengthen the diffusion and dissemination of the most important issues concerning our region.
Chairs that promote knowledge transfer and innovation
- URV-DOW Chair for Sustainable Development
- Chair for the Promotion of Entrepreneurship and Business Creation (catalan)
- UNESCO Chair for Data Privacy
- URV International URV/Repsol Chair Communication Excellence (2011-2020)
- University-Company Chair for the Promotion of Business Innovation
- Chair for Local and Regional Economy
- Chair for University and Knowledge Region
- URV-World Forum Chair for Nutrition Research on Tree Nuts and Dried Fruit
- Uriach Chair of Nutraceutics (CUdN)
Chairs for the promotion of knowledge extension and reflexion on social problems
- UNESCO Chair for Intercultural Dialogue in the Medioterranean
- Chair for Science and Humanism
- Chair of Social Inclusion
- UNESCO Housing Chair
- Chair of Local Legal Studies Màrius Viadel i Martin
- URV-Fundación Grünenthal Chair in Paediatric Pain
- Josep Anton Baixeras Chair of Catalan Literary Heritage
- Chair of Studies of Enviromental Law of Tarragona Mayor Pere Lloret
- URV Chair fort de Study of the Castells