University Master's Degree in Advanced Research in Humanistic Studies - 3rd. edition
The master's degree is aimed at individuals who hold official university bachelor's degrees or diplomas in ambits related to either of the master's two specialities. At the URV, these are primarily, but not exclusively, the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology and Human Evolution.
- Bachelor's Degree of Audiovisual Comunication
- Bachelor's Degree in Hispanic Language and Literature.
- Bachelor's Degree in Catalan Language and Literature.
- Bachelor's Degree in History.
- Bachelor's Degree in History of Art and Archaeology.
Candidates who wish apply for the master's degree must demonstrate that have undergone prior training in the speciality to which they wish to be admitted, or in both specialities if the candidate wishes to pursue a mixed curriculum. Candidates who do not meet this requirement will be evaluated by the Academic Committee of the master's degree, which will decide if the registration of bridging courses is necessary to be admitted.
The general compulsory documentation required for pre-registration.
Students will be chosen on the basis of the following criteria, independently of the speciality:
- The degree of affinity between the student's prior training and the master's speciality to which they have applied. The strongest candidates will be those who have been trained in ambits directly related to the specialities offered by the master's degree (Linguistics and Literary Studies, History and History of Art). In the specific case of the URV, these are primarily: Bachelor's Degree in Hispanic Language and Literature, Bachelor's Degree in Catalan Language and Literature, Bachelor's Degree in History, Bachelor's Degree in History of Art and Archaeology. maximum 4 points.
- Evaluation of the academic transcript for the official university qualification that allows access to the Master's degree: maximum of 3 points.
- Complementary training and work experience related to the contents of the master's degree (courses, seminars or other training activities, accredited with the appropriate documentation): maximum of 1 point.
- Professional and research experience related to the content of the master's degree and study visits abroad: maximum of 1 point.
- Level of English equivalent to or above B2: maximum of 1 point. In accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, the following scale will be applied: C1= 0.5; C2 = 1.
Applications will be ordered on the basis of the score they obtain. However, in the event that the number of applicants does not exceed the number of places, the selection committee may decide to admit applicants without prioritising them according to the merits.