Economic information about the URV master’s degrees
The URV is a public university, so the prices of the university master's degrees are set every year in June by the Catalan government.
To calculate the full cost of registration, you must take into account the number of credits and add to this the administrative fees and the obligatory insurance policy, which are approximately €145.00. Generally, full-time registration is equivalent to 60 ECTS credits each academic year and part-time registration is equivalent to between 18 and 48 ECTS credits a year or 12 and 48 ECTS for online master’s courses.
A master’s degree of 90 or120 ECTS takes more than one academic year to complete. For this reason, in the second year you have to enrol in any remaining credits (in most cases 30 or 60, respectively) and pay the fees and the mandatory insurance.
The price per credit set by the URV depend on the type of master’s degree and nationality of the student:
1. Masters that enable for the exercise of regulated professional activities or that have recommendations agreed by Council of Universities: €27,67. Thus, the cost of registering full-time for one academic year is €1,805 approx. Check the list of these Master’s Degrees.
2. Rest of Master’s Degrees:
- For students from member states of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Andorra or resident in Spain: €27,27. Thus, the cost of registering full-time for one academic year is €1,805 approx. Check the list of these Master's Degrees.
- For the rest of students: €46,11. Thus, the cost of registering full-time for one academic year is €2,913. Check the list of these Master's Degrees.
The pre-enrolment fee is €30.21 (non-returnable), which is not discounted from the final cost of enrolment.
If you are required to do any bridging courses, remember that they count as extra credits, on top of the 60 ECTS, and should therefore be added to the total cost of the enrolment.
Students with foreign qualifications: In your first enrolment fee, you will be charged the Academic tax for university graduates from foreign education systems, set by the Catalan government at €218.15.
Payment of enrolment fees
Generally speaking payment is made at the same time as you do the enrolment. However, there are other forms of payment that may help you to pay the fees more comfortably.
Some students – for example, those from large families or who are handicapped – are exempted from paying enrolment fees.
- See all the enrolment fee exemptions
- See the calls for grants and awards
*Prices for the academic year 2021-22.