University Master's Degree in Fermented Beverages - 8th edition
- 60 ECTS
- Places available
- Language of instruction
- Spanish (90%) and English (10%)
Temporarily, due to the health emergency, during the 2020-21 academic year, students will complete their first-semester studies entirely online. This includes both teaching and assessment activities.
Second semester: face-to-face classes morning and afternoon sessions, from Monday to Friday. Check here the timetable (academic year 2019-20)
- Course date
From October 2020 to June 2021, although some subjects (Bridging Courses) start in September 2020.
- Academic coordinator
- Dr. Nicolas Rozès
- URV Faculty
- Faculty of Oenology (URV)
Students with degrees from other countries will be charged an academic tax of €218.15 the first time they enrol only (price for course 2020-21).
(+34) 977 77 99 44
Covid 19 update: We might move face-to-face classes to an online format if the latest developments in the health emergency make this necessary.
The overall objective of this master's degree is to train students to become researchers and professionals in the field of fermented beverages, especially wine, sparkling wine and beer.
It offers three clear professional specialisations:
- Oenology research: This specialisation trains future researchers in the field of oenology and food biotechnology and gives students the chance to go on to do a doctoral programme.
- Science and technology of sparkling wines: This specialisation trains future professionals in oenology or viticulture who wish to specialise in the production of sparkling wine, a sector that is widely represented in Catalonia.
- Science and technology of beer: This specialisation trains professionals from different fields (biotechnologists, winemakers, engineers, etc.) in the process of brewing different types of beer on an industrial and artisanal scale.
Students also have the option of not choosing a particular specialisation and doing a more general master’s degree, which is broader in scope and combines both esearch and professional objectives.