Service Learning in the Inter-University Master's Degree in Planning, Governance, and Territorial Leadership
Final Degree Project - Collaborative research on indigenous environmental governance
- Coordination: Jordi Blay Boqué (jordi.blay(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat)
- Community organization: University Institute la Paz y los Conflictos de la Universidad de Granada.
- Summary: That experience, during academic year 2016/2017, consisted in doing a practice in the inicial part of a collaborative experience about environmental indigenous governance. The principal objective of this investigation: search to start interactive process between the academy, social movements and local communities. It tried to generate connections with the academic world and the communities which are affected by social and environmental conflicts, including the possibility of establish dynamics of mutual and collaborative learning and look for solutions of transforming this conflictivity. Moreover of Universitary High School og Peace, the Norwegian University of Life Sciences and the University of Stockholm, and some collaborators of South-America collaborated too with the project.
Final Degree Project - Proposal for designing a promenade in La Móra-Tamarit
- Coordination: Joan Alberich (joan.alberich(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat)
- Community organization: La Mòra-Tamarit neighborhood Association.
- Summary: During academic year 2018/2019, the student examined the demographic, social and economic dynamics of La Móra-Tamarit to produce a needs assessment of the area that took into account the demand for open spaces and their relationship with local residents. After analysing this context, the student designed an extension to the promenade and a renovation of the neighbourhood's central canal.