Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry (in English)
- Suggested admission profile
- Education guide
- Why you should study Chemistry at the URV?
- Career opportunities
- Quality seals
Chemistry is the fundamental science which studies the structure and behaviour of materials and the changes that they undergo at molecular level. The goal of the Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry taught in English is to produce competent and qualified professionals who are able to work in the industry as well as in educational or research centres.
The Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry taught in English provides you with the tools to understand the features and the transformation of substances by theory, problem resolution and laboratory practices. Moreover, you will acquire the ability to develop and control compounds and chemical procedures in many productive sectors fundamental to society such as food, health, the environment and new materials.
There is a growing need for chemistry professionals with a high level of proficiency in English not only in the chemical industries, most of which are multinational, but also in research, where English is the most widely used language.
If you are interested in studying Chemistry in Catalonia or Spain, the URV is the only university that guarantees you a full four-year Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry in English. All classes are in English.
The content and price of the Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry taught in English are the same as the one taught in Catalan. The only difference between both Bachelor's Degrees in Chemistry is the language of instruction.
No other Catalan or Spanish university offers a full Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry taught in English.
Language of instruction
|2020 admission grade||
|Agreement by the Council of Ministers||12 November 2010|
|Publication of currículum in the BOE||11 August 2011|
To study this bachelor's degree, you are recommended to have a solid knowledge of chemistry, physics, mathematics and IT. Moreover, you need to have at least level B1 in English although we strongly recommend that you have level B2 so that you can get the most out of your classes.
You do not need to accredit your level of English either it is your mothertongue or it was required during your previous degree.
There are many reasons to study Chemistry at the URV:
- According to the U-ranking of 62 Spanish universities, the URV is the best place to study the Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry in Spain due to the quality of its research, teaching and transfer of technology.
- The Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry at the URV is the only one in Catalonia that has been awarded both the quality seal of excellence and the certificate of interaction between research and excellent teaching by the Quality Assurance Agency of the Catalan University System.
- Tarragona is how to an important cluster of food, cosmetic and water treatment companies.
- DOW Chemical has chosen the URV as one of its eight strategic universities in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East in the field of Chemistry, from among 8,000 universities.
- Tarragona is home to the largest chemical complex in the south of Europe.
- While studying Chemistry, you will also learn Spanish, the 3rd most used language in the world.
- You will have the opportunity to undertake internships with international chemical companies such as Repsol, Dow, BASF, Bayer and Clariant.
- You will have access to Exchange programs within Europe and with the other universities and companies around the world with which the Faculty of Chemistry maintains strong relations.
A minor is a specialization within a Bachelor's degree that you can obtain by passing a group of optional subjects:
- Industrial and Applied Chemistry: this minor focuses on features related to industry and/or applied chemistry. Students also develop professional skills needed in the chemical industry such as management, environmental analysis and control, work safety and health.
- Chemistry for Research and Development: this minor prepares students for a career in academia and research.
Graduates in Chemistry can work as managers, production controllers, environmental controllers, laboratory controllers, salespeople, consultants or researchers in the following fields:
- Agro chemistry
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Cosmetics and perfumes
- Plastics and polymers
- Fine Chemistry
- Water and Waste Treatment