Below you will find answers to the most common questions we were asked about the programme. If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, do not hesitate to contact the Management Team at mfp.cofund(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat.
Welcome presentation for fellows
This document includes useful information about:
- Requirements of the grant
- Research costs
- General administrative information, including information about the digital services of the URV, salary, personal income tax declaration
- Transversal skills training courses
- Communication & dissemination
- Useful links
Download here: Welcome presentation
How can I renew my residence permit?
In order to renew the residence permit, candidates can do it by themselves with a valid digital signature (check the guide), or the HR department can support the candidates. In any case, candidates will need:
- Complete passport
- Justificante del abono de la tasa: Tax and receipt together (mark option 7 "Renovada")
- Mantenimiento: Extension of your signed contract (which will provided to each candidate by the HR department)
- Formulario: Application form signed. Instructions to fill in the form
- Copy of the NIE (both sides)
If candidates decide to be supported by the HR department, they must submit the required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org, 2 months before the end date of the NIE card, following these guidelines:
- All documents must be in pdf (not .jpg)
- All documents must be sent in one unique email
- The total sum of documents should not exceed 20 Mb in size
- All documents must be complete and legible
What are the necessary documents for the international secondment?
Before the secondment:
- PhD Programme Coordinator
- Letter of agreement from the PhD thesis supervisors giving their approval for the secondment.
- Letter of acceptance from the host organization.
- Human Resources Unit
- Approval for research secondments (Sol·licitud de permisos per estades d'investigació i/o estudi personal docent i investigador laboral) /media/upload/arxius/treballar-urv/tramits/PDI/permisos_pdi/model_solicitud_permisos_PDIL_mes_10_dies.pdf
At the end of the secondment:
- PhD Programme Coordinator
- Letter in which the supervisor of the secondment confirms that it had a minimum duration of 90 days- for the "International Doctor Distinction" title
- MFP-COFUND Programme
- Secondment Agreement
How should I prepare my Career Development Plan?
A Career development plan (CDP) helps you explore career possibilities and set goals to follow the career path that fits you best. A CDP is therefore a proactive planning and implementation of steps towards your career goals. Quite simply, it is about setting and implementing goals that are related to your career. Very importantly, the plan can be altered as skills develop, interests change, and career objectives are reconsidered.
- CDP Template
- How to upload your CDP into your PlaInv (SAD)
- CDP Handbook, by Research Promotion Foundation & Euraxess
How can I include my open access publications in the URV Institutional Repository?
In order to include your OA publications in the URV Institutional Repository, you need to get in contact with the managers of the Repository by sending an email to: email@example.com (adding the firstname.lastname@example.org in CC), attaching the corresponding version of the article, in PDF:
- Published version, if published directly in Open Access - no embargo period
- Post-print version (final peer-reviewed manuscript), if published in a subscription journal (green open access) - includes embargo period
When sending your articles to the URV Institutional Repository, you must include the following bibliographic metadata:
- Name of the project: Martí i Franquès COFUND Doctoral Programme
- Acronym: MFP-Plus
- Project reference: Grant agreement No. 945413
- Funding programme: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme
- Embargo period (if any):
How can I include my research data in the Data Repository CORA.RDR?
It is mandatory to provide Open Access not only to all your resulting peer-reviewed publications, but also to the research data related to the publications, as specified in our Grant Agreement (Art. 29.3) with the European Commission.You can use the CSUC's Research Data Repository (CORA.RDR): https://dataverse.csuc.cat/. CORA.RDR is a federated and multidisciplinary data repository that allows Catalan universities, CERCA research centres and other research entities to publish sets of research data in a FAIR way and following the guidelines of the EOSC.
- How to deposit your research data in CORA.RDR: instructions & recommendations.
- Excel file, where you need to fill in the metadata that CORA.RDR will ask for.
- Readme file with the requested information.
How to acknowledge EU funding?
Since the Martí i Franquès COFUND Doctoral Programme is cofunded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 programme, we are obligated to explicitly acknowledge that our action has received EU funding. This must be done in all communication, dissemination and IPR activities as well as on all equipment, infrastructure and major results funded by the grant. So, please make sure to include the following text in your papers, posters, thesis, or other products of your research + the disclaimer (indicating that your work reflects only the author's view and that the Agency is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains):
- This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 945413 and from the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV).
- Disclaimer: This [work] reflects only the author's view and the Agency is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
Moreover, both the EU emblem and the Universitat Rovira i Virgili logo should be displayed in visual materials, such as posters, presentations or websites. High-resolution emblems are available here:
- EU https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/symbols/flag_en
- URV /ca/universitat/comunicacio/identitat-institucional/logos/
Which is the procedure regarding registration to conferences?
In order to improve and expedite the internal processing of registrations for congresses, from 2023, UGAD will transfer this management to the approved travel agencies, which will offer these services according to the brand established by the University.
Detail of the process
Request by electronic mail to the administrative representative of the UGAD the registration to the congress:
- Attach the registration web link.
- Specify all the data that is required in the registration. The agency will not include any data that is not specified by you.
- Provide email / contact telephone number in case the agency needs more information to complete the registration.
- There are congresses that require user validation and password of the assistant. If this is the case, you have to make a user, fill in the fields and indicate the username and password to the agency.
- Indicate the account number (Research Costs) from where the payment will be made
- To be able to complete all the procedures correctly and complete the terms established by the agency, the application must be sent to the UGAD with a minimum of 10 days before the date of completion of the registrations.
- Process the assistance certificate to the UGAD administration when the congress is held, if it is the case.
When the agency makes the payment, sends by electronic mail to the interested person, the proof of registration and sends the electronic invoice in the name of the URV and which will be retrieved by the UGAD administration.
Particular case: If at the time of payment of the registration the congress organization has already issued an invoice to the tax authorities of the URV, the UGAD will process your payment directly, as has been done until now.