Inter-university Master’s Degree in Nervous System Sciences: Neurotoxicology, Neuropsychopharmacology, Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy, Neurorehabilitation - 9th edition
- 60 ECTS
- Places available
- Language of instruction
- Spanish (50%) and English (50%)
Blended: Research into Neurotoxicology and Neuropsychopharmacology
Blended: Invasive Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Check here the timetable for the academic course 2023-24.
- Course date
From 30/10/23 to 30/06/24 (or to 30/09/24 if the Master's Thesis is defended in September)
- Academic coordinator
- Dr. Manel Santafé
- URV Faculty
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (URV)
Joan XXIII University Hospital (Tarragona), CSIC (Barcelona), Faculty of Medicine of Universitat de Barcelona (Barcelona), Faculty of Medicine of Universidad del País Vasco, Provincial Hospital of Toledo (SESCAM), Universidad Miguel Hernández, Universidad de València, Departament of Molecular Farmacology of Albert Einstein College of Medicine (US), Experimental Psicology of University of Cambridge (United Kingdom), University of Copenhagen (Denmark), Université de Poitiers (France), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (US), Instituto de Neurorehabilitación Infantil InPaula (Almeria), Neurodigital Technologies.
(for students from the UE, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and Andorra*, or resident in Spain, price for academic year 2023-24).
Rest of students: €2,913.
*Students with degrees from non-EU countries will be charged an academic tax of €218.15 the first time they enrol only.
(+34) 977 77 99 44
The Inter-university Master's Degree in Nervous System Sciences: Neurotoxicology, Neuropsychopharmacology, Neuromusculoskeletal physiotherapy, Neurorehabilitation is a master’s degree in the field of the neurosciences with three specialities:
Research into Neurotoxicology and Neuropsychopharmacology (research track)
- This speciality aims to train future specialists to research into evaluating and characterizing the effects of neuroactive substances (effects of neurotoxins from environmental pollutants on living organisms, effects of medicines and abusive drugs on behaviour).
- The objective is to provide students with multidisciplinary training and the basic and methodological knowledge that enable them to work as researchers in the field of neurotoxicology and psychopharmacology.
- This speciality is blended.
Invasive Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy (professional track)
- The general aim of this speciality is to learn to examine and treat patients who suffer from neuromuscular pain problems.
- Other aims are to use muscle palpation to identify tense bands muscle and the most common locations for myofascial trigger points (MTP) and to attribute a patient’s pain to the presence of MTP in the corresponding muscles thanks to a knowledge of their pain patterns and the most important semiological characteristics.
- One of the primary objectives is to correctly apply the main techniques for the conservative and invasive (dry puncture) treatment of MTPs: that is to say, identifying and avoiding the contraindications, risks, and complications generated by the various puncture techniques.
- This speciality is blended format.
Neurorehabilitation (professional track)
- The translational objectives of this speciality are to describe the etiopathological reasons for neurological, sensory and cognitive disorders based on experimental data applied to therapeutic situations. This should enable these disorders to be treated using appropriate and well-founded rehabilitation techniques. One of the main objectives is to use such cutting-edge technologies as robotics. This speciality is virtual.
Pre-registration for the academic year 2024-25 opens in March 2024.
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili (coordinating university)
- Universidad de Almería