University Master's Degree in Forensic Genetics, Physics and Chemistry - 4th edition
- 60 ECTS
- Places available
- Language of instruction
- Catalan and / or Spanish according to the needs of the students.
Mainly during the afternoons.
Check the timetable for the academic course 2020-21.
- Course date
From end of September 2021 to end of March 2022: theoretical classes and seminars.
April and May 2022: Master's Thesis.
June 2022: Master’s Thesis defense.
- Academic coordinator
- Dr. Raúl Beltrán Debón
- URV Faculty
- Faculty of Chemistry (URV)
Students with degrees from other countries will be charged an academic tax of €218.15 the first time they enrol only (price for course 2020-21).
(+34) 977 77 99 44
Covid 19 update: We might move face-to-face classes to an online format if the latest developments in the health emergency make this necessary.
The master's degree gives students the chance to specialise in the field of forensics. It has the following objectives:
- To provide students with advanced multidisciplinary scientific training in the use of forensics in the fields of chemistry, physics, genetics and statistics so that they receive specialised training in a wide range of scientific disciplines involved in the scientific analysis of evidence from crime scenes or of events or circumstances that are subject to legal proceedings. On completing this training, students will have the knowledge and skills to become members of multidisciplinary teams in their future professional careers.
- To enable students to develop the skills needed to interpret evidence from crime scenes using their knowledge of the chemical, physical and biological foundations of the principal techniques in forensic analysis.
To produce professionals with the competencies needed to carry out evaluations, reports or appraisals for different public and private organisations or to apply their knowledge in laboratories that study problems related to forensic practice.
Pre-registration starts on 1 February.
- División de la Policía Científica y División de Tránsito del Cuerpo de Mossos d'Esquadra
- Fiscalía Provincial de Tarragona
- Instituto de Medicina Legal y Ciencias Forenses de Catalunya
- Instituto Nacional de Toxicología y Ciencias Forenses