go to main contents

Foreign documents requirements

Which documents do I need to legalise*?

  • University degree certificate/diploma

* If the documents have been issued outside the European Economic Area, in States not belonging to the European Union, in the signatory States of the European Economic agreement and Switzerland.

Which documents do I need to translate?

  • University degree certificate/diploma (Translated into Catalan or Spanish)**
  • Academic transcript or european Diploma Supplement ***
  • Any documents attached to the Curriculum Vitae (for example, recommendation letters)

** Candidates may initially present the original versions of their access qualifications in English, French, Italian or Portuguese. However, they must also present a sworn translation in Catalan or Spanish of the access qualification at the very lasted by the 30 April 2021.

*** No sworn translation in Catalan or Spanish is required if they were originally issued in English, French, Italian or Portuguese. 

Certifying documents

Only digitalized copies of your documents are required for the review process. As soon as you are admitted, however, and before you enrol, you must present the certified or attested copies. This means that an official organization or a public notary has certified that the photocopy is faithful to the original.

See an example of certified documents.

To get a document certified, you must present a photocopy and the corresponding original document to a public notary or the corresponding official body in your country.

The URV will accept certified/attested documents issued by:

  • Any national, regional or local public administration or any public university of the Spanish State.
  • The diplomatic and consular offices of the Spanish state.
  • Notaries registered with the Spanish state or notaries from signatory countries of the Hague Apostille Convention or notaries from other countries with the necessary legalisation.

If the certified/attested copy is made by a nottary outside Spain, you have to legalize this certified/attested except for certified/attested made in any of the member states of the European Union, signatories of the Agreement on the European Economic Area or Switzerland.

WARNING: Before taking this step, send your legalised and translated documents to Campus Secretariat for Academic Management. When you receive confirmation that you fulfil all the requirements, have the documents certified and send them by post or when you arrive in. And this moment you must deliver the original document and a photocopy.