Inter-University Master's Degree in Management of Mountain Areas - 5th edition
- 60 ECTS
- Places available
- Language of instruction
- Catalan and Spanish
- Course date
Face-to-face period: from October to June
- Official record of titles (RUCT)
- Academic coordinator
- Dr. Jordi Blay Boqué
- Faculty of Tourism and Geography (URV)
Campus of the Rectorate of the Universitat de Lleida
- Master's degree website
(+34) 977 77 99 44
The Inter-University Master's Degree in Management of Mountain Areas focuses on the physical, environmental and socioeconomic aspects of mountain areas. It is a professional qualification, which means that it provides postgraduate students with the specialized training needed to analyse the dynamics, potential and problems relating to mountain areas. With this qualification, the student can work in the sustainable management of mountain spaces, contribute innovative solutions, work in and lead interdisciplinary teams and undertake local and global entrepreneurial activities in both the public and private sectors.
Catalonia's geography and resources (organisations, entities, research centres, etc.) mean that there are many outdoor areas that provide us with excellent laboratories.
Furthermore, the master's degree provides unique training that is not available anywhere else in Spain and which is offered in very few other places in the rest of Europe.
The master's degree is aimed at graduates in Geography and the various branches of the Social and Legal Sciences (Business Administration and Management, Economics, Law, Tourism and Tourism Management, Social Education and Audiovisual Communication). It is also open to graduates in the various branches of Architecture, Engineering, Sciences, Arts and Humanities who are interested in specialising in the management of mountain areas.
Finally, it is available to professionals working in territorial management who wish to deepen their knowledge in this area but who have been unable to due to the lack of specific training in mountain areas.
For more information, contact the coordinating university: Universitat de Lleida
- Positions in local, intermediate and general administrations relating to the promotion and sustainable management of mountain areas.
- Positions in local organisations and services that promote the territory (museums, interpretation centres and similar).
- Positions in innovative and sustainable local business initiatives in various sectors, in particular public, tourist and business services and other areas that can be adapted to these functions.
- Universitat de Lleida (coordinating university)
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- Universitat de Girona
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Universitat de Barcelona