Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Suggested admission profile
- Curriculum (only available in Catalan)
- Education guide
- Why should you study the Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering at the URV?
- Career opportunities
- Quality seals
As a graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering you will be able to design, manage and maintain industrial supply systems, air conditioning and fluid transport systems, oil-hydraulic and pneumatic systems, thermal machines and motors and heat exchange systems.
You will acquire the skills needed to plan and design machine elements and structures based on calculation methods, materials, and the conditions related to their manufacture. To do so, you will learn to use CAD, CAE and CAM tools, and analytical and experimental techniques.
You will be an expert in the design, planning and interpretation of trials of machinery and mechanical assemblies. You will acquire the skills to apply the principles and methods related to quality management, and you will develop the skills needed to analyse and assess the social and environmental impact of technical solutions, as well as to optimize and rationalize production processes.
The Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering qualifies the graduate to work in the regulated professions of Industrial Engineer and Industrial Technical Engineer.
Language of instruction
Catalan (70%), Spanish (25%) and English (5%)
|Agreement by the Council of Ministers||30 July 2013|
|Publication of currículum in the BOE||15 January 2009|
- You will be qualified to work in a profession for which there is a growing demand and that has greatly expanded in recent years. This degree meets the industrial needs of the environment and the country. You will participate in a unique learning method that will enhance your skills and abilities and which will have a strong focus on laboratory and project activities.
- You will become a capable, versatile and problem-solving engineer, values that are essential in a professional career.
- You will have the chance to undertake external internships in the most important companies that operate in the field of mechanical manufacturing, maintenance and the design of industrial installations of machines and structures, automation, etc.
- You will study at a leading school, known for its excellence and accredited by EUR-ACE®, and whose research has an impact in the world of mechanical engineering.
- You can specialize in automation, maintenance, equipment design or construction.
It is recommended that you have a good level in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Chemistry, Computer-Assisted Design and Graphic Expression. You must also have an interest in technology and be a creative person.
You will be qualified for a professional career in companies in the mechanical, food, automotive, chemical, electrical, electronic or industrial robotics sectors. You will be able to work in both the private and public sectors and as a freelancer.
You will be qualified to work in the following areas:
- Planning and management of projects related to fluid transport systems, industrial refrigeration and cooling, ventilation and heating.
- Design and management of industrial structures and installation projects.
- Project, design, construction, testing and use of all kinds of mechanical systems.
- Design and control of the processes related to the manufacture of machines and mechanical actuators.
- Computer aided design and manufacturing.
- Project, design and use of new materials.