Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Electronics and Automation Engineering
- Recommended profile
- Program of studies
- Teaching guide
- Why should you study Industrial Electronics and Automation Engineering at the URV?
- Career opportunities
- Quality seals
The aim of the degree in Industrial Electronics and Automation Engineering is to train students to become professionals who are experts in industrial electronic systems and equipment and the control and automation of production processes. Students will also acquire expert knowledge of computer tools for designing electronic circuits, sensors, actuators and communications systems. This degree will enable you to seek employment as a professional industrial technical engineer (specialising in Industrial Electronics).
Electronic engineering has added great impetus to new information and communication technologies (ICT) in recent years. This degree will enable you to seek employment in all kinds of companies that carry out projects in, for example, electronics, automation, robotics, computer science, aeronautics, chemistry, mechanics and environmental control.
With a ratio of 8 students per teacher, personalized quality care is assured.
Catalan, Spanish and English
Interested students should have a background in science and technology that includes mathematics and physics as compulsory subjects. Studies in industrial technology, technical drawing, electrotechnology or chemistry as compulsory or optional subjects are also recommended. Students should also possess a good level of oral and written communication in Catalan and Spanish, have a basic knowledge of English, and be able to use tools for accessing and processing information.
- The first year of studies is the same for all Engineering students. In this way you will receive solid basic training and be more able to change your specialisation in the second year.
- The subjects are highly practical and approximately 45% of contact hours are taken in small groups in the laboratories.
- You will also have the chance to opt for a double degree by carrying out extra activities.
This degree will enable you to seek employment as a professional industrial technical engineer (specialising in Industrial Electronics). Graduates with this professional profile are currently in high demand in the labour market thanks to their ability, versatility and flexibility in carrying out a wide range of functions in numerous industrial sectors or public administrations. Moreover, employees in this field enjoy real prospects for promotion. In recent years traditional career opportunities for graduates of this degree have expanded to include home automation, microelectronics, automotive electronics, electromedicine and the robotization of processes. Graduates may also choose to work as freelance professionals in the planning, management and supervision of projects.
On graduating you will be able to perform tasks in the following and other areas:
- Design, analysis, projection and maintenance of electronic systems and equipment.
- Automation of industrial processes.
- Management and commercial organisation of companies involved in electronic products and systems.
- Control of electrical machines and drives.
- Conception, design, construction and maintenance of automatic control systems in industry.
- Projects intended to use renewable energies.