go to main contents

Issuance of a duplicate copy

  • ITEM: Procedure which allows students who have paid the fees for and obtained their official degree certificates to request another copy of the same certificate.

Application procedure


The interested party or the authorized person on presentation of the necessary identification.


Via the online administrative procedures on the URV's intranet or the URV online registry.

Please check the general considerations for submitting applications and documentation.


At any time of the year.


By presenting the following documentation:

  • Application form addressed to the head of the Secretary's Office who, if necessary, will pass it onto the Office of the Dean or the Management of de Faculty/School.

  • Original and photocopy of the document that accredits the type of exemption, if appropriate

    • Large family (general category) or Large family (special category).
    • Level of disability equal to or greater than 33%.
    • Victims of gender violence perpetrated by a partner.
    • Female students who are victims of gender violence not perpetrated by a partner.
    • Victims of terrorist attacks.
    • Beneficiaries of the minimum living income benefit.
  • Current DNI or NIE (photocopy), passport or national identity document in the case of EU citizens (original and photocopy or attested photocopy).

1. Duplicate copies issued due to personal reasons:

a) Modification of the application details (name, surname, nationality, etc.):

- Present the official document showing the modification that has to be made.

- Return the original certificate, if it has already been collected.

- Pay the issuance fee again.

b) Due to loss of the original:

- Present proof of the publication of the loss in the BOE (Official Gazette of the Spanish State). The student is responsible for the cost of the publication. The Secretary's Office of the faculty/school must support students in carrying out this procedure (consult the instructions).

- Pay the issuance fees again if they have not recovered the certificate during the thirty days after the publication.

c) Due to destruction of or wear and tear on the original certificate:

- Return the damaged certificate or provide evidence regarding the reason for the certificate's destruction.

- Pay the issuance fee again.

2. Duplicate copies issued for reasons that are no fault of the student:

Incorrect information:

- Written proof of the error.


  • Students must pay the issuance fees again if they request the issuance of a duplicate copy of their degree certificates due to personal reasons.
  • There is no cost if the duplicate copy of the degree certificate is being reissued due to incorrect information.


Resolution of the application


Head of the Secretary's Office.


As soon as the student has been informed that the certificate can be collected.


By going in person to collect the certificate and presenting the document confirming that they have paid for it to be issued.


  • If you cannot collect the certificate in person, another duly authorized person may do so on your behalf. They must present their own identity document and a photocopy of your identity document. There are various ways of doing this:
    • By requesting it previously in person at the secretary's office or any registry of the URV and signing the corresponding authorisation and presenting the necessary documentation.
    • By requesting it in an email sent from your URV email address to the secretary's office and attaching the corresponding authorisation and any necessary documentation. If you no longer have a URV email address, you can obtain a new one if you join the Alumni programme.
    • By requesting this via the online procedures:
      • Access the URV's online procedures via the Intranet and upload the necessary authorisation and documentation.
      • If you cannot access the URV's online procedures, you can present a generic request online at the URV's electronic registry. Click on the link to the General Registry of the URV, then click on "Accés al registre electrònic", fill in a generic application form and attach the corresponding authorisation and necessary documentation.
    • By using a notary to authorise another person (more information).
  • If the student resides in another locality in Spain, they may request that the certificate be sent to the Central Government’s office in that locality by submitting the corresponding application via the online procedures. In this application, the student must indicate specifically the organization and physical address to which the document must be sent.

  • If the student resides in another country, they may request that the certificate be sent to a Spanish embassy or consular office, by submitting the corresponding application via the online procedures. In this application, the student must indicate specifically the organization and physical address to which the document must be sent. There is a charge for this procedure.
    The charges for sending the certificate to another country are as follows:
  •         - Zone 1 (Europe and Greenland) --> €25
            - Zone 2 (Rest of the World) --> €30

* Before paying the fee for the transfer, check that whether your certificate will need to be legalized in order to be valid in your country. The document is legalized in the country where the certificate is issued, and this must be done by the student or authorized individual. Please be aware that the Ministry of Universities states that if the documentation for the legalization is presented by a third person, it must be accompanied by a signed authorization from the holder of the document and the interested party's identity document (authorizations submitted by fax or email will not be accepted). If the original certificate has not been signed by the holder, the authorization must be carried out by a notary.

  • A specific stamp must be included in the official degree certificate.

If there are any differences between translations, the Catalan version prevails.