Strategic Plan for the Learning and Research Centre (CRAI)
Crossroads of knowledge
The transformation of the university library into a Learning and Research Centre (CRAI) began in 2009. Since then, the URV's CRAI has been a pioneer in the use of information resources, technologies and services, has undergone the digital transformation and has established itself as a crossroads of knowledge, a benchmark for support to learning, teaching and research.
Achieving the milestone of approving this first CRAI Strategic Plan would not have been possible without the library and CRAI staff's tradition of service culture and continuous improvement since the URV was founded.
We are at an ideal time to start following this new road map. Organic Law 2/2023, of 22 March, of the university system (LOSU), makes explicit reference to how important the CRAI is in rising to the fundamental challenges of the university, particularly because it conserves and spreads the bibliographic heritage, and promotes open and citizen science. In parallel, the URV is also currently engaged in drawing up the strategic teaching and research plans.
All these elements converge in the three lines on which the Plan is structured, which bring together the main challenges for the future. The first line focuses on support for new teaching methodologies and digital transformation: the CRAI must become a physical and virtual space that complements the classroom. The second line promotes open science and emerges from a conception of the CRAI as a scientific infrastructure that must provide research staff with the information resources they need for their research. And the third line works for people's well-being, sustainability and the projection of the URV in the region.
The Strategic Plan is ambitious but realistic. It will be put into practice by our staff, fully prepared and committed to the institution, with the collaboration of all the units and services involved. The roadmap aims to provide quality services and respond to the needs of users, which will contribute to teaching and research excellence, and enhance the prestige of the institution.
Carmen Gómez Buendia
Vice-Rector for Doctoral Studies and the CRAIs
To provide quality services to the university community in the fields of learning, teaching, research and the transfer of knowledge to society, integrating and exploiting the URV's range of services and resources to enhance them and provide them with added value.
To become the point of reference for members of the university community to obtain the resources and support services they need for learning, teaching, research and the transfer of knowledge to society.
Strategic lines and objectives
Line 1. The CRAI as a space of learning and knowledge that complements lectures
- Objective 1. To provide support services to the new approaches to teaching and learning
- Objective 2. To help users acquire cross-disciplinary digital, informational and language skills and competences
- Objective 3. To make further progress in the digital transition by extending the online resources and services on offer
- Objective 4. To explore the potential of artificial intelligence and make use of it in the CRAI
- Objective 5. To put space to new use and improve the experience of users
- Objective 6. To help manage and disseminate open educational resources (REO)
Line 2. The CRAI as a scientific infrastructure
- Objective 1. To guarantee access to information resources in all areas of knowledge
- Objective 2. To promote digitization and open access to the URV's bibliographic heritage
- Objective 3. To take action in the field of the digital humanities
- Objective 4. To contribute to the development of the open science strategy
- Objective 5. To improve the visibility of the URV's academic and scientific output
Line 3. The CRAI with people
- Objective 1. To promote the values of equality, inclusion and respect for diversity
- Objective 2. To contribute to the well-being of people and the promotion of environmental culture by creating an environment that facilitates sustainable management
- Objective 3. To drive organizational changes that rise to new challenges and ensure continuous improvement
- Objective 4. To bring the general public into the URV by providing them with CRAI services
- Objective 5. To drive effective communication by reinforcing the CRAI