FAQ about master's degrees at URV
- How long are master's degree programmes?
- Master's programmes have a minimum length of 60 ECTS credits and a maximum of 120, equivalent to one and two academic years, respectively.
- What is an ECTS credit?
It is the unit value of university courses in the European Higher Education Area. At the URV each credit is equivalent to 25 hours of student work.
- What is the average cost of a master's degree programme?
- Approximately €2,910 per academic year (60 ECTS), taxes included. Foreign students must also sum the cost of a 218,15€ tax.
- What is the difference between research and professional track?
The professional track focuses on professional practice.
The research track introduces students to research.
- When do classes start?
The academic year starts every September although some master's degrees do not start until October.
- What should I do to study a master's degree at the URV?
- What should I do to study a master’s degree at the URV?
- Do I have to pay to pre-register?
- You have to pay €30,21 by credit card. Follow the instructions that appear on screen while you pre-register. If you want to pre-register in more than one programme you have to pay €30,21 for each one. These fees are not refundable.
- What documents should I submit for the admission?
- Depending on the country where you were awarded your bachelor's degree you should submit some documents or others. Find out what you have to submit at the link documentation
- Do I have to have my bachelor's degree officially recognised?
- Do I have to send the original documents?
- The documents have to be emailed to the secretay's office. Once the documents have been revised and found to be correct you will receive an email telling you where you have to send the original documents to complete the registration.
- Where should I send the original documents?
- How do I know if I have been admitted?
- When can I register?
- Once you have been admitted by the master's academic committee, consult the registration schedule.
- How do I register?
- How do I pay the tuition fees?
- When do I have to pay the tuition fees?
- Can I pay in instalments?
- What grants can I apply for?
- I am an International student, who may I ask if I have questions about foreign students procedures?