Certified under the requirements of ISO standard 9001:2008, the URV’s quality management system ensures the quality of the research, development, innovation, and knowledge and technology transfer carried out by the institution’s 21 research groups and 4 innovation centres.
The award of the ISO, which has led to increased competitiveness and represents international recognition of the quality of the research at the URV, has:
- Allowed the organisation to develop.
- Shown the URV’s commitment to quality and the satisfaction of the users.
- Enabled the URV to supervise and improve the management processes and system.
- Improved the responsibility, motivation and commitment of the staff.
- Improved how the units are organised and managed.
- Increased the chances of acquiring competitive projects and contracts.
The positive effect of this certification is augmented by the good results of the research groups themselves in other internal and external evaluation processes:
- A total of 13 groups are in the top 50 in the AGAUR’s call for funding for new research contracts (FI-DGR 2015).
- 80% of the certified groups belong to some recognised research group by the Catalan government in the AGAUR call for funding (SGR 2014).
And it is also clear in the results of scientific output;
- Almost 30% of the URV publications for the year 2014 in Web of Science-indexed journals are by certified research groups.
- 30% of the Highly Cited Papers published by the URV in the last 11 years have been published by certified groups.
The quality management system has been recognised as a good practice in the call for funding by the UPC’s Telescopi Espanya of the UNESCO Chair (Telescopi) and by European Observatory of Good Practices in Strategic University Management (EUSUM).
Last updated: 22/06/2016