The university chairs are forums for disseminating the specialized research and training activities carried out by the Universitat Rovira i Virgili in collaboration with public and private enitities.
The Strategic Third Mission Plan was approved by the University Senate on 28 May 2009 and identifies the university chairs as one of the specific projects of the URV’s Third Mission. The chairs allow the URV to build strong relations with all the agents operating in the region. They also show that it is possible to generate efficient interactions and to create trust between society and the university that will provide for creative reflexion and essential debate.
If the URV is flexible in its relations and acts in an interdisciplinary manner it can catalyze the generation and socialization of knowledge, as well as strengthen the diffusion and dissemination of the most important issues concerning our region.
Chairs that promote knowledge transfer and innovation
- URV-DOW Chair for Desenvolupament Sustainable Development
- Chair for the Promotion of Entrepreneurship and Business Creation
- UNESCO Chair for Data Privacy
- Antoni Pedrol i Rius Chair for Local Legal Studies
- Alcalde Pere LLoret Chair for Environmental Law Studies (CEDAT)
- REPSOL YPF Chair for Excellence in Communication
- University-Company Chair for the Promotion of Business Innovation
- Chair for Local and Regional Economy
- Chair for University and Knowledge Region
Chairs for the promotion of knowledge extension and reflexion on social problems
- UNESCO Chair for Intercultural Dialogue in the Medioterranean
- Chair for Science and Humanism
- Chair of Social Inclusion
- The Housing Chair