University Master's Degree in Fermented Beverages - 7th edition
- 60 ECTS
- Places available
- Language of instruction
- Spanish (85%), English (10%) and Catalan (5%)
Morning and afternoon sessions from Monday to Friday.
- Course date
- 07/10/2019 - 23/06/2020
- Academic coordinator
- Dr Nicolas Rozès
- URV Faculty
- Faculty of Oenology (URV)
Students with degrees from other countries will be charged an academic tax of €218.15 the first time they enrol only (price for course 2018-19).
(+34) 977 77 99 44
The overall objective of this master's degree is to train students to become researchers and professionals in the field of fermented beverages, especially wine, sparkling wine and beer.
It offers three clear professional specialisations:
- Oenology research: This specialisation trains future researchers in the field of oenology and food biotechnology and gives students the chance to go on to do a doctoral programme.
- Science and technology of sparkling wines: This specialisation trains future professionals in oenology or viticulture who wish to specialise in the production of sparkling wine, a sector that is widely represented in Catalonia.
- Science and technology of beer: This specialisation trains professionals from different fields (biotechnologists, winemakers, engineers, etc.) in the process of brewing different types of beer on an industrial and artisanal scale.
Students also have the option of not choosing a particular specialisation and doing a more general master’s degree, which is broader in scope and combines both esearch and professional objectives.