Official Master´s Degree: Frequently-asked questions
THE NEW ACADEMIC SYSTEM: European Higher Education Area (EHEA)
- What is the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)?
- How is the new system structured?
- What kind of profile/orientation/itinerary can a Masters programme have?
- How are Masters programmes organised?
- How long do Masters programmes last?
- What is an ECTS credit?
- What is the European Degree Supplement (EDS)?
- When can I apply for a place on a Masters programme?
- How do I apply?
- Can I pre-enrol for more than one Masters programme?
- What documentation do I need to submit?
- When do I have to submit the documentation?
- What minimum qualifications do I need for admission to a Masters programme?
- If the course I have followed is not organised in credits, can I get onto a Masters programme?
- If I hold more than one degree, which should I state for the pre-enrolment?
- Do I have to make any payment for pre-enrolment?
- If I do not agree with the decision, can I appeal?
- How will I know whether I have completed pre-enrolment properly?
- How can I find out about the criteria for admission?
- Who decides upon admission to a Masters programme?
- When and how will I find out whether I have been admitted?
QUESTIONS CONCERNING ADMISSION ON THE BASIS OF FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS
- What qualifications do I need to be admitted to a Masters programme?
- How do I apply for admission to a Masters programme from abroad?
- What documentation to I need to submit with my application?
- How do I submit the documents necessary for admission from abroad?
- Where must I send the documentation to?
- Who determines the general requirements for academic documents to be submitted?
- Which documents need legalising?
- How do I legalise documents from abroad?
- Can the documentation be legalised in Spain?
- What documents need translating?
- Com es tradueixen els documents des de l'estranger?
- Can they be translated in Spain?
- Do I have to make any payment for the pre-enrolment?
- If I have not submitted all the documentation, or it does not meet the general requirements, can I enrol?
- What is the average cost of enrolling for a course?
- Is there any addicional fee for those applicants with foreing degrees?
- What is recognition?
- What courses can be recognised?
- When and how should I apply for recognition?
- Do I have to pay anything?
- Who proposes the decision on recognising?
- How will I find out the outcome of my application?
- How will the recognition appear on my transcript?
- Do I need to enrol for srecognised ubjects? Do I have to pay anything?
- How should I approach the enrolment process if I have been admitted to an inter university Masters programme?
- When can I enrol?
- If I have been accepted and I do not enrol, do I lose my place?
- How do I enrol?
- What are the maximum and minimum number of credits for which I can enrol in an academic year?
- What is the minimum number of credits I need to pass in an academic year in order to carry on with my studies?
- What is the cost of each credit?
- After enrolling, can I change my enrolment?
- What are the forms of payment?
- How long do I have to make payments?
- What happens if I do not pay for the enrolment in the time laid down?
- If I am applying for a grant, can I be exempted from the enrolment fees?
- What other items may be covered by exemption from payment?
- When does the academic course begin?
- How long does an academic year last?
- What are the periods without classes during the year?
- How many examinations will I have to sit every year?
- When do the examinations take place?
- What is the system of grades?
LIFE AT THE URV
- Is obligatory health insurance included in the enrolment fee?
- Where can I go if I need medical attention?
- How can I find out about accommodation?
- What is the average amount needed to cover an academic year in Tarragona?
- What university services does the URV offer?
- What leisure activities does the URV offer?