Friends of the URV
Advantages and services
- Corporate electronic address (optional service)
- Corporate communication (optional service)
- Some services provided by the Learning and Research Resource Centre (CRAI)
- Computer resources
- Language Service
- Invitation to cultural and academic acivities
- Some services of the University Community Service (SACU)
- URV products
- Financial services, associated with the card
- Discounts, if applicable, on URV activities
As part of the registration process, you will be provided with a card accrediting you as a member of Friends of the URV so that you can take advantage of the services on offer. The card will be sent to new members by certified mail to the address on the registration form approximately 15-20 days after registration.
Please note: New subscribers will be considered to be members as soon as they have completed the registration and made any necessary payments. Even if you do not have the card, you can accredit the fact that you are a member by printing out the confirmation of registration by going to the section "Members' details" > "Subscription" > and clicking on "Confirmation"
URV e-mail address in the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org. The link will give you access to the intranet.
Corporate communication (optional service)
Activation of the chance to be sent information about the various services and units of the URV.
Services of the Learning and Research Resource Centre (CRAI)
- Access to the CRAI: Free access with the Friends of the URV card.
- General and specialised information: bibliographical information provided by the staff of the CRAI and information on the services offered by the CRAI and the URV.
- Access to catalogue and bibliographic resources.
- Loan of 2 type A or D documents: users can borrow up to type A (non-basic bibliography) or D (audiovisual) documents. In general, documents can be renewed up to 10 times unless they have been reserved by another user. This does not include documents from the basic bibliography.
Retired members of the administrative and service staff or teaching and research staff have the same level of access to the Loans Service as current staff members.
- Digital library: access and consultation of the URV's Digital Library via the CRAI's website (electronic resources and/or database). Access is permitted solely from computers in the CRAI.
Retired members of the administrative and service staff or teaching and research staff can access the URV's Digital Library from within and outside the CRAI.
- Interlibrary loans (university community tariff): loan of documents from the libraries of external affiliated universities or centres
- Access to computer room: access to the computer room by means of username and password.
- Copying service (charges applied): Self-service photocopying or reproduction of documents located in the CRAI in compliance with intellectual property law.
Access to wifi as a member of Friends of the URV from the premises of the CRAI.
Local URV network with access restricted to the members of Friends of the URV, where you will be able to consult information internal to the URV.
Members have access to special prices for registering on the courses organized by the URV's Language Service, which are the same as those for students, and the administrative and teaching staff.
Invitation to cultural and academic activities
Members can attend all the events organized by the University for URV members.
- Accommodation Office: Information can be consulted at the restricted-access database of flats and rooms managed by the University Community Service (SACU).
- Access to sports facilities and activities. Members can use the URV's sports facilities (Sant Pere i Sant Pau sports centre) under the same preferential conditions as the members of the university community. Further information at the website Esports URV.
- URV cultural groups Members can join the cultural groups run by the University Community Service (SACU) (for example, the University Choir, Choral Society or Theatre Group.
Access to the catalogue of products of the URV Shop. Electronic access from the University's website.
Members can have the same advantages as members of the university community. The specific conditions can be consulted in the section "Agreements with financial institutions", on the Internet.
Members can enjoy discounts when registering on some activities organized by URV units.