Quality-related Bodies and Structures
The University's governing and representative bodies must take joint and coordinated action to achieve the University quality objectives:
- The University Senate, as the highest representative body of the university community, ensures the institutional quality of the University and approves the institutional quality policy
- The Governing Council establishes the University's strategic planning and approves the resulting actions in all its activities
- The Social Council helps to monitor and evaluate the quality, the performance and the economic and social viability of the University
The specific quality structures and bodies share a common duty to facilitate the adoption and the transversal implementation of quality strategies and systems. These structures and bodies are:
- The Commission of Institutional Quality is a statutory committee whose purpose is to ensure the development of a culture of quality at the URV, and is responsible for proposing the University's quality policy to the Senate. It promotes the culture of quality and encourages continuous improvement in all the activities of the University.
- The Programming and Quality Bureau, which is the technical quality unit of the URV, whose mission is to give technical support to the Governing Bodies in their development of the institutional strategy. It promotes the design, monitoring and evaluation of the different processes in the office's areas of action, in accordance with the directives and objectives of the institution and external requirements. It thus facilitates decision-making and accountability among the university community and guarantees continued improvement.
In the case of the teaching faculties, for each of them there is a committee with competences in matters of quality, a person in charge of the Internal Quality Assurance System (IQAS) of the faculty who is a member of the academic staff and provides an academic vision, and a Support Technician for the Teaching Quality of the centre (TSQD) who provides a technical vision of the quality of the degrees. All of them participate in the processes of design, development, monitoring and accreditation of the quality of the faculty's teaching. They are also involved in the implementation and development of the faculty's IQAS.
In addition, in some administrative units there is a Quality Management System Manager, who is responsible for ensuring that the processes of the Quality Management System are established, implemented, maintained and verified.