Inter-University Master's Degree in Quaternary Archaeology and Human Evolution (Erasmus Mundus)* - 7th edition
- 120 ECTS
- Places available
- Language of instruction
- Catalan, Spanish and English
Classes are held in the morning and afternoon/evening from Monday to Friday. The face-to-face part of each subject is concentrated in two weeks.
Check here the timetable (course 2018-19).
- Course date
First year: from October 2019 to May 2020
Second year: from October 2020 to May 2021
- Academic coordinator
- Dr. Carlos Lorenzo Merino
- URV Faculty
- Faculty of Arts (URV)
Students with degrees from other countries will be charged an academic tax of €218.15 the first time they enrol only (price for course 2018-19).
Master's Support Office
(+34) 977 77 99 44
The Interuniversity Master's degree in Quaternary Archaeology and Human Evolution has three main areas:
- Research into human palaeoecology and prehistory, palaeoanthropology, geology and palaeoontology of the Quaternary.
- Archaeological intervention.
- Management, conservation and socialisation of archaeological heritage.
It shares objectives and educational activities with the degrees in History and Anthropology and Human Evolution through introductory subjects to a specialisation in archaeology.
It offers a specialised, career-oriented degree designed to prepare students for research in the field of Quaternary archaeology without neglecting the important demands of society and the labour market. It aims to train students to evaluate and draw up reports on archaeological interventions so that they can work as specialists in the field of archaeology or in the management of archaeological heritage.
(*) The Erasmus Mundus programme are currently being revised.
Erasmus Mundus scholarships
- Università degli Studi di Ferrara (coordinating university) (Italy)
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Spain)
- Instituto Politécnico de Tomar (Portugal)
- Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro (Portugal)
- Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle (France)
- Institut Català de Paleoecologia Humana i Evolució Social (IPHES)