Master's Degree in Music as an Interdisciplinary Art
The Master’s Degree in Music as an Interdisciplinary Art adopts a systematic interdisciplinary academic approach to studying the interplay between music and the other arts. Students can follow one of two tracks: the research track or the professional track (taught through lectures and work experience in companies that work to promote the various professions involved in the fields of music, theatre, media and music journalism).
1. To enable graduates in the Humanities, Social Sciences and other related disciplines to work in theoretical and practical fields relating to music.
2. To develop specific knowledge in all areas of music, musical thought, audiovisual media and management.
3. To provide humanities and social sciences students with professional or research training in the musical interdisciplinarity, the relationship between music, literature, visual arts, audiovisual arts and dance and how this is projected in the various fields of contemporary artistic culture.
4. To study the process of reflection as a thought process deriving from sensitivity, the sociology of music, the anthropology of music and the psychology of music.
5. To analyse the processes that enable music to permeate the media, the music specifically created for these media, the nature of journalism and music criticism and their relevance to society.
6. To promote specific research into music both in interdisciplinary fields of thought and in cultural practice.
Research into music culture, management positions in the music industry, concert halls, theatres and other cultural spaces, music criticism, music promotion, the study and preservation of musical heritage, music editing, music archives, organization of multidisciplinary arts events.
Find out more from the coordinating university: Universitat de Barcelona
|Master's Degree in Music as an Interdisciplinary Art|
|Duration||60 ECTS credits - 1 year|
|Language of instruction||Catalan, Spanish, English|
|Timetable||Afternoons, from Monday to Friday|
|Master's degree website||Music as an Interdisciplinary Art|
|Course dates||Mid September 2016 to end June 2017|
|URV academic coordinator||
Dr. Jesús Carruesco García
|Administrative contact||Campus Catalunya Secretariat for Academic Management
977 558 397
|Recruitment activities||Arts and theatre events organized by the Arts Laboratory, contacts and exchanges with professors from foreign institutions (USA, Mexico), online coordination of the institutions involved.|