Master's Degree in Analytical Techniques and Innovation in Tourism - 6th edition
The tourism industry operates in a socioeconomic environment that is increasingly interconnected and which depends on the ability to manage information, knowledge and innovation. The development of efficient systems for information management and tourism planning are key if enterprises are to be competitive and maintain their market position.
The main aim of this master's degree is to train students to become researchers and professionals in the high-level technical analysis of information generated by the tourism market. It is intended to standardise knowledge and to foster the sustainable development of the industry based on its complexity and its economic and social importance.
The course aims to train students in the use of techniques, methods, tools and practices for efficiently carrying out tourism activities, and to enable them to meet the demand for sustainability and quality in tourism markets. The specific aims of the programme are the following:
- To provide thorough knowledge of new technologies and economic factors affecting the success of tourism and leisure activities.
- To offer training aimed at improving the management, the products, the services and the marketing of companies and tourist destinations in line with the new business structures and types of consumer.
- To develop the ability to innovate and design new strategies for competitiveness in the tourism sector and to adopt innovations in the management and planning of tourist destinations.
- To generate new knowledge and develop talents for the advancement of science and technology applied to the development of tourism systems.
La Fundación Carolina provides grants for this master's degree
- Destination management: destination planning (authorities, boards, semi-public companies, etc.); tourism planning.
- Tourism product management: management of specific products and tourism product development.
- Corporate organisation management: management of tourism business groups (hotel chains, brokers and leisure companies); management of tourism companies; management of tourism divisions of business groups and of non-profit tourism organisations.
- Operations management: management of tourism information, promotion and marketing; product management and area management in organisations.
- R&D management: tourism consultancy/advice and analysis.
- Academic work: research assistantships and teaching.
|Master's Degree in Analytical Techniques and Innovation in Tourism|
|Duration||60 ECTS credits - 1 year|
|Track||Professional and research|
|Specialisations||Destination Planning and Management Systems: 15 ECTS credits
Business Information Systems: 15 ECTS credits
|Timetable||Classes will be held from 4 to 9 p.m., from Monday to Friday. Chek it|
|Work placement||Work placement in leading companies of the sector is compulsory for the professional track|
|Language of instruction||Spanish|
|Associated doctoral programme||Tourism and Leisure|
|Master's degree website||Master's Degree in Analytical Techniques and Innovation in Tourismn
|Course dates||From September to June 2016|
|Master's degree thesis||Ther master’s degree can be submitted in June, September or January|
|Academic coordinator||Dr. Antonio Russo|
|Coordinator's email address||antonio.russo(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat
|Administrative contact||Faculty of Tourism and Geography
977 29 79 06
|Specific grants for this master's degree||Carolina Foundation.
Specific collaboration grants.
AGAUR teaching assistant grants