Master's Degree in Forensic Genetics, Physics and Chemistry - 1st Edition
* not offered in 2016-2017
The master's degree offers students the chance to specialise in the ambit of forensics. It has the following objectives:
- To provide students with advanced multidisciplinary scientific training in the use of forensics in the fields of chemistry, physics, genetics and statistics so that they receive specialised training in a wide range of scientific disciplines involved in the scientific analysis of evidence from crime scenes or of events or circumstances that are subject to legal proceedings. On completing this training, students will have the knowledge and skills to become members of multidisciplinary teams in their future professional careers.
- To enable students to develop the skills need to interpret evidence from crime scenes using their knowledge of the chemical, physical and biological foundations of the principal techniques in forensic analysis.
To produce professionals with the competencies needed to carry out evaluations, reports or appraisals for different public and private organisations or to apply their knowledge in laboratories that study problems related to forensic practice.
- State and regional government civil service
- Scientific police units
- Customs laboratories
- Laboratories (official, private, accredited)
- Consultancy firms
- Self-employment (independent professional practice)
|Master's Degree in Forensic Genetics, Physics and Chemistry*|
60 ECTS - 1 year
Afternoons from 15:00h to 19:00h:
There are no external practicals.
Students must carry out a final master's project, preferably in laboratories outside the URV.
|Language of instruction||Catalan (80%) and Spanish (20%)|
|Master's Degree Webpage|
From 3 October 2016 till end of March 2017:
Class period (theory, seminars, practicals): From 3 October 2016 till end of March 2017.Final master's project: From April to June 2017
|Academic coordination||Dr. Antoni Romeu Figuerola|
|Coordination email address||antoni.romeu(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat|
|Final master's project||July 2017|
|Administration contact details||
Secretary's Office of the Faculty of Chemistrycapsfq(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat
977 559 516
* Verification of the new master's programme is in process.