go to main contents

Official Master´s Degree: Frequently-asked questions

Questions concerning admission on the basis of foreign qualifications

  • What qualifications do I need to be admitted to a Masters programme?

Holders of degrees awarded outside Spain can be admitted to a Masters programme:

- if they have previously obtained official recognition of equivalence to an eligible Spanish degree by the MEC (Ministery of Education).
- those graduated in a EHEA institution, if their degree gives access to Master studies in the country in which they were awarded.
- those graduated in a non-EHEA institution, if their degree gives access to postgraduate studies in the country in which they were awarded and they have prior proof that these qualifications are evidence of an academic level equivalent to a Spanish degree.

  • How do I apply for admission to a Masters programme from abroad?

Through the URV website -> Postgraduate Studies -> Master Degree´s & Postdoctoral course -> On-line pre-enrolment. You need to enter the required information and confirm your application.

  • What documentation to I need to submit with my application?

You will find the information on the URV website: Postgraduate Studies -> Master Degree´s & Postdoctoral course -> Documentation necessary

  • How do I submit the documents necessary for admission from abroad?

The documents must be submitted on paper and, if you cannot submit them in person, may be sent by post, by messenger, via a third party, etc.
Scanned copies sent by e-mail are useful for us to tell you whether the documents meet the requirements, but cannot substitute certified copies (on paper).

  • Where must I send the documentation to?

At the Academic Management Service.

  • Who determines the general requirements for academic documents to be submitted?

Ministerio de Educación (Spanish ministry of Education).

  • Which documents need legalising?

Degree certificates and other certificates with grades.

No legalisation required for the documents issued by the authorities of member states of the European Union or signatories to the European Economic Area agreement or countries with bilateral agreements with the European Union.

  • How do I legalise documents from abroad?

The procedure varies depending on the country in which they were issued. Please consult the URV website > Masters & Postgraduate programmes > Official EHES Masters programmes > Requirements for documentation issued abroad.

  • Can the documentation be legalised in Spain?

No, this must be done in the country where the degrees/certificates were issued. Before travelling, students must ensure they have all their documents properly legalised.

  • What documents need translating?

Those providing proof of qualifications and certificates issued in languages other than Catalan or Spanish. If documents are issued in English, translation is not essential.

  • How should documents from abroad be translated?

Please consult the URV website -> Postgraduate studies -> Masters Degree´s Postdoctoral course-> Requirements for documentation issued abroad.

  • Can they be translated in Spain?


  • Do I have to make any payment for the pre-enrolment?


  • If I have not submitted all the documentation, or it does not meet the general requirements, can I enrol?

No. However, the body responsible for the Masters programme may admit you conditionally, pending documentation.

You can enrol if, before the end of the period for doing so expires, you submit the missing documentation, fees, etc.

  • Is there any addicional fee for those applicants with foreing degrees?

Yes. The Decree of Public Fees includes the payment of a fee for the analysis of the previous qualifications of those students with foreign degrees. The payment is asked when you do the final registration.

  • What is the average cost of enrolling for a course?

Approximately euro 1,500 per academic year