Doctoral Management Processes - Management of Administratives Procedures
Deposit of the doctoral thesis at the Department (1st phase)
- ITEM: procedure by which the student initiates the process for defending the doctoral thesis to obtain the doctor’s degree.
||Students who wish to defend their doctoral thesis to obtain the degree of doctor.
||At the secretary's office of the corresponding department.
||As soon as the doctoral thesis has been written and on the date specified by the department, before submission to the Postgraduate and Doctoral School. The date on which the academic committee is to be convened must be taken into account.
||By presenting the following documents:
• Application for a doctoral oral examination
• A copy of the thesis
• Authorization from the supervisor or co-supervisors of the thesis with the appropriate favourable report. (Thesis supervisor's authorization form)
• Authorization from the academic committee. (Doctorate coordinator's authorization form)
• Should the student wish to be awarded the distinction of "Doctor Europeus" or “International Doctor”, please consult the following website: www.urv.cat (intranet: doctoral student’s profile – Administrative Procedures – Distinction of Doctor Europeus/International Application)
• Document of the doctoral student's activities
||Before depositing their thesis, students must check that they have paid all the thesis tutorials receipts of the corresponding years.
|Resolution of the application
||The secretary's office of the corresponding department, after the supervisor of the thesis has issued a favourable report.
||Before the 30th/31st of every month and after the academic committee / entity responsible for the doctoral programme has met and accepted the deposit.
||1. By expressly stating on the bottom of the application form that the academic committee / entity responsible for the doctoral programme has accepted the deposit of the thesis and returning the original to the student.
2. By submitting to the Postgraduate and Doctoral School at least the 30th/31st of every month:
• The authorization of the academic committee / entity responsible for the doctoral programme (the coordinator of the doctoral programme must draft a report).
• Copy of the authorization from the supervisor or co-supervisors of the thesis.
• Application to register the doctoral thesis proposal, if the title and the supervisor or co-supervisors of the thesis have been modified with respect to the original registration and no longer coincide with the details of the thesis which is being deposited.
• Any documents that the evaluation process may have generated. These must necessarily include the overall report on the quality of the thesis written by the thesis supervisor, and the report guaranteeing quality written by the academic committee / entity responsible for the doctoral programme.
• A proposal of which experts should be members of the examination panel to assess the thesis (3 members and 3 substitutes) indicating who will be the Chairperson and the Secretary. They must have the degree of doctor and proven research experience, and be active researchers or be able to show that they have done research which has been recognized by the scientific community. Those experts not from the URV must comply with similar requirements, which will be accredited by the academic committee / entity responsible for the doctoral programme.
At least two members must be external to the URV and institutions collaborating with the programme.
• If students wish to be awarded the Doctor Europeus / International Doctor distinction: a certificate to show that they have made a study visit of at least three months outside Spain.