Gender Equality Observatory
The Gender Equality Observatory and the International Center of URV are partners of the Equality Project funded by the Alfa-III programme of the European Union, a programme of co-operation between Higher Education Institutions of the European Union and Latin America, which aims to contribute to the economic and social development of the region.
Equality - Strengthening women leadership in Latin American HEIs and society aims to improve the quality, relevance and accessibility of HE in LA, particularly for women as a vulnerable group, via modernization of University Management for gender equality in education and employment through the establishment or improvement of gender equality support structures, policies and training programmes at 18 LA HEI.
The strengthening of the process of regional integration in the area of Higher Education in LA is being developed through the creation of a Regional Network for LA Women’s Leadership as a sustainable platform to support gender equality efforts and promote women’s interests in science and academia.
To enhance the potential of HE in LA countries in promoting gender equality and contributing towards increased women’s visibility and participation in science, academia and in the workforce in order to generate positive economic effects by improving the use and integration of female talents in national economies in a long term.
- Strengthening regional cooperation
- Modernization of HEI structures
- Building capacities
- Stimulating a cultural change and pushing forward reforms
22 Higher Education Institutions from Latin America and European Union:
- Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica Costa Rica (ITCR)
- Universidad Nacional de Rosario, (UNR) Argentina
- Universidad Mayor Real y Pontificia de San Francisco Xavier De Chuquisaca, (USFXCH) Bolivia
- Universidade do Estado de Santa Catarina (UDESC) Brazil
- Universidad de Chile (UPR)
- Universidad del Rosario de Colombia (UROSARIO)
- Universidad de Pinar del Rio (UPR), Cuba
- Universidad Central de Ecuador (UCE)
- Universidad de El Salvador (UES)
- Universidad del Valle de Guatemala (UVG)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM), México
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Nicaragua-León (UNAN León)
- Universidad de Panamá (UP)
- Universidad Nacional del Este (UNE), Paraguay
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Perú (PUCP)
- Universidad de la República Oriental del Uruguay (UDELAR)
- Universidad Simón Bolívar (USB), Venezuela
- Universidad de Alicante (UA), España
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV) España
- FH Joanneum Gessellschaft mbH (FHJ), Austria
- Université Michel de Montaigne Bordeaux 3 (U-BORDEAUX3), Francia
- University of Gothenburg (UG), Suecia
The Alfa Programme
The ALFA Programme began in 1994 and sought to reinforce co-operation in the field of Higher Education. The programme co-finances projects aimed at improving the capacity of individuals and institutions (universities and other relevant organisations) in the two regions.