INU Master’s Summer School 2016 on Global Citizenship & Peace
The International Network of Universities (INU) has for the past seven years invited students from member universities to participate in the Master's Summer School hosted by Hiroshima University. This year's INU Master's Summer School 2016 on Global Citizenship & Peace will be held in Hiroshima, Japan 4-12 August 2016 with the theme "Indigenous Rights in the Global Context".
The 2016 INU Master's Summer School, in its eight annual iteration, is held each year at Hiroshima University. Graduate students and teaching academic experts from INU universities in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America participate in the course.
The course itself involves an intensive series of lectures, workshops, and seminars directed by professors from INU member universities.
Participating graduate students are required to prepare and present a 4000-word paper on one of four themes related to global citizenship and peace and to participate in a simulation of a United Nations General Assembly session.
Universitat Rovira i Virgili is announcing 1 place for URV students to participate in the INU Student Seminar 2016, 4-12 August.
The INU Master's Summer School 2016 on Global Citizenship & Peace has a different theme within the field of Global Citizenship and Peace each year. The following are the themes scheduled for 2016:
- Global Movement for Indigenous Rights
- The Economic Rights of Indigenous People
- Indigenous Rights and the Protection of the environment: Experiences from South America
- Indigenous People's Experiences and Rights in Southern Africa
- Pre-readings and preparation of a paper to be discussed with the group;
- An intensive educational program with lectures and workshops with students from across the globe;
- Academic experts and guest speakers from around the world;
- United Nations General Assembly Role Play;
- An integrated cultural program that introduces a unique side of Hiroshima, which includes a visit to the Peace Memorial Museum and admission to attend the annual Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony on 6 August.
HOW TO APPLY
Application should be made on the application form below with the attached documents:
- Letter of Motivation (including an explanation how the applicant intends to use the experience to support a study and career plan, and how the applicants intend to share the learning outcomes with fellow students)
- English proof
The application must be completed in English.
The application should be emailed to mobility.out(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat on the 10th April at the latest!!
Please scan your complete application and email it as one (1) attachment and write INU Master's Summer School 2016- Application in the subject line of the email.
LLISTAT DE SOL·LICITUDS ADMESES I EXCLOSES PROVISIONAL
|DNI/NIE estudiant||Ensenyament||Estat||Motiu exclusió|
|70262624-Q||Postgrau's Quaternary Archaeology and Human Evolution (Erasmus Mundus)||Admès/a provisonal|
|39470048-R||University Postgrau's Degree in Analytical Techinques and Innovation in Tourism||Exclòs/a provisional||Manca presentar certificat de nivell de llengua anglesa|
|EP2587703||Ph.D Grau (Postgrau in Economics and International Relations)||Admès/a provisonal|
ATENCIÓ: els estudiants exclosos disposen fins el dia 22 d'abril per presentar la documentació completa.
Pots consultar el llistat d'estudiants URV seleccionats aquí.
Criteria for the selection of candidates are the following:
- Demonstrated high academic standards
- Letter of Motivation (including an explanation how the applicant intends to use the experience to support a study and career plan)
- Good knowledge in English
- Engagement in global issues
- Students who have done an academic exchange will be given priority
The top candidates can receive a scholarship covering travel costs if they apply to the I-Networks URV scholarship following the instructions of the I-Networks URV.
- Tel: 977 55 9754