INU Student Seminar on Global Citizenship and Peace 2016
The International Network of Universities (INU) has for the past eleven years invited students from member universities to participate in the INU Student Seminar hosted by Hiroshima University. This year's Student Seminar will be held in Hiroshima, Japan 4-12 August 2016 with the theme "Indigenous Rights in the Global Context". The seminar is is an interdisciplinary course, which aims to allow students from INU universities to learn about the concept of global citizenship through discussions, workshops and cultural activities.
Universitat Rovira i Virgili is announcing places for URV students to participate in the INU Student Seminar 2016, 4-12 August.
The INU Student Seminar on Global Citizenship and Peace has a different theme within the field of Global Citizenship and Peace each year.
- 2016 - Indigenous Rights in the Global Context
- 2015 - Gender, Peace, and Security.
- 2014 - Refugees in Global Society
- 2013 - The End of Poverty? -The future of the Millennium Development Goals
- 2012 - Our (non) Nuclear Future?
- 2011 - Responsibility to Protect
- 2010 - Humanitarian Intervention
- 2009 - Migration, Refugees and Peace
- 2008 - Can nuclear weapons be declared illegal by international law?
- 2007 - Climate Change: a Global Issue
- 2006 - Global Citizenship
WHO IS THE STUDENT SEMINAR DESIGNED FOR?
The Student Seminar is designed for highly motivated students from INU universities. It targets students who are willing to be challenged by an intensive academic and cultural program. The ideal INU student will want to:
- increase his or her understanding of the political, economic, social, and cultural challenges emerging in an increasingly globalized world;
- understand the notion of global citizenship and consider his or her potential as a global citizen;
- deepen his or her appreciation of the challenges and payoffs of cross-cultural and international engagement;
- share reflections with students, academics, and other seminar participants, and learn from other seminar participants.
Participants will explore and contribute to the academic debates surrounding the theme of the Seminar. The Student Seminar will promote reflection on the nature of globalization, the possibilities and limitations of the United Nations and other organizations, and the relationship between globalization and global citizenship.
The programme is scheduled to coincide with the 2015 Peace Memorial Ceremony in Hiroshima on August 6th and students are given the opportunity to attend this ceremony as part of an intensive cultural program.
The INU Student Seminar in 2016 will feature:
- An intensive program with lectures and workshops with academic experts and guest speakers from around the world;
- Interactive workshops that encourage stimulating discussion with students from across the globe;
- A United Nations General Assembly Role Play;
- An integrated cultural program that introduces a unique side of Hiroshima, which includes a visit to the Peace Memorial Museum and admissions to attend the annual Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony on 6 August.
HOW TO APPLY
Application should be made on the application form below with the attached documents:
- Letter of Motivation (including an explanation how the applicant intends to use the experience to support a study and career plan, and how the applicants intend to share the learning outcomes with fellow students)
- English proof
The application must be completed in English.
The application should be emailed to mobility.out(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat on the 10th April at the latest!!
Please scan your complete application and email it as one (1) attachment and write INU Seminar 2016 - Application in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 10th April 2016
LLISTAT DE SOL·LICITUDS ADMESES I EXCLOSES PROVISIONALMENT
|DNI/NIE estudiant||Ensenyament||Estat||Motiu exclusió|
|39940711-S||Grau d'Enginyeria Electrònica Industrial i Automàtica||Admès/a provisonal|
|39936979-D||Degree in Mechanical Engineering||Admès/a provisonal|
|Y2580243||Social Work||Exclòs/a provisional||manca presentar carta de motivació certificat de nivell de llengua anglesa|
|47686539H||Architecture Studies||Admès/a provisonal|
|48006907-L||Law Degree||Admès/a provisonal|
|47476420G||Architecture Studies||Admès/a provisonal|
|46709813X||Evolutionary Anthropology (Antropologia i Evolució Humana)||Exclòs/a provisional||manca presentar carta de motivació certificat de nivell de llengua anglesa|
|46494553-F||Social Work||Admès/a provisonal|
|46494553-F||Business and Management Administration||Admès/a provisonal|
|48135932Z||Human Nutrition and Dietetics||Exclòs/a provisional||manca presentar certificat de nivell de llengua anglesa|
|Law||Exclòs/a provisional||manca presentar carta de motivació certificat de nivell de llengua anglesa|
|X8174886L||Business and management||Admès/a provisonal|
Els estudiants exclosos disposen fins el dia 22 d'abril per presentar la documentació completa.
Criteria for the selection of candidates are the following:
- Demonstrated high academic standards
- Letter of Motivation (including an explanation how the applicant intends to use the experience to support a study and career plan)
- Good knowledge in English
- Engagement in global issues
- Students who have done an academic exchange will be given priority
Pots consultar el llistat d'estudiants URV seleccionats aquí.
The top candidates can receive a scholarship covering travel costs if they apply to the I-Networks URV scholarship following the instructions of the I-Networks URV.
- Tel: 977 55 9754