INU Nursing Workshop: Disaster Nursing
INU Workshop on Global Health and Nursing, the third annual workshop will be held 3-10 August, 2015 at Hiroshima University, Japan. With the theme of Disaster Nursing this workshop will bring together expert nursing faculty and nursing student from around the world to examine the role of nursing in situations when natural and man-made disasters impact human populations
Dates: 3-10 August, 2015
The top candidate will receive a scholarship covering travel costs Barcelona- Hiroshima -Barcelona (Tickets will be booked by Hiroshima University)
THE KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Communicate clearly to a group which is culturally and lingual diverse
- Identify key nursing actions to be taken in a disaster
- Identify resources critical to nursing care in a range of disaster settings
- Describe how nurses fit into broader disaster planning, response and recovery activities.
The INU Workshop on Global Health and Nursing is a week-long program for nursing students who are interested to learn about role of nurses in addressing global health. Scheduled to take place concurrent with the Peace Memorial Ceremony on August 6, the workshop includes expert speakers from each of the universities, visits to hospitals and community health organizations, and interactive case studies in which students apply learning principles to disaster scenarios.
Students will work on three different workshop scenario settings throughout the course. The workshop scenario topics include Terrorism, Earthquakes and Pandemics. These workshop scenarios are designed for undergraduate and postgraduate nursing students. The scenarios aim to encourage students to think about how they might manage particular health conditions in a community in the event of a disaster. The focus is more on logistics and managing situations to reduce the impact of disasters on the health of a community and individuals, rather than the specific treatment of health conditions. For more information about the program, please visit the INU website.
HOW TO APPLY
Application should be made on the application form below with the attached documents:
- Letter of Motivation (including an explanation how the applicant intends to use the experience to support a study and career plan, and how the applicants intend to share the learning outcomes
- Transcript of records with average grade
- Proof of English
The application must be completed in English.
The application should be emailed to mobility.out(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat on the 6 May at the latest!!
Please scan your complete application and email it as one (1) attachment and write INU Seminar 2015 - Application in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 6 May 2015
Criteria for the selection of candidates are the following:
- Demonstrated high academic standards
- Letter of Motivation (including an explanation how the applicant intends to use the experience to support a study and career plan)
- Good knowledge in English
- Engagement in global issues
- Tel: 977 55 9754