INU Master's Summer School on Global Citizenship and Peace
Rovira i Virgili University is a member of the International Network of Universities (INU), which offers an amazing Master's Summer School on Global Citizenship. It is hosted by Hiroshima University in Japan.
The top candidate will receive a scholarship covering travel costs Barcelona- Hiroshima - Barcelona, and accommodation during the time of the seminar, by Hiroshima University. (Tickets will be booked by Hiroshima University).
The seventh annual master’s school will be held August 4-11, 2015 at Hiroshima University, Japan. Graduate students from INU universities in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America participate in the course. The course itself involves an intensive series of seminars and lectures directed by professors from INU member universities. It requires participating graduate students to prepare and present a 4000-word paper on one of four themes related to global citizenship and peace and to participate in a simulation of a United Nations General Assembly session.
The INU Student Seminar on Global Citizenship and Peace has a different theme within the field of Global Citizenship and Peace each year.
- Pre-readings and preparation of a paper to be discussed with the group;
- An intensive educational program with lectures and workshops;
- Academic experts and guest speakers from around the world;
- Interactive workshops with students from across the globe;
- United Nations General Assembly Role Play on the theme "Gender, Peace, and Security";
- An integrated cultural program that introduces a unique side of Hiroshima, which includes a visit to the Peace Memorial Museum and admission to attend the annual Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony on 6 August.
- More information can be found on the INU website.
The 2015 INU Master Summer School for Global Citizenship and Peace will look at the following four topics:
- Global Governance and International Policy (International Law / Treaties)
- Responsibility and Justice in Global Politics
- Strategic Decision Making
- Realising Human Rights: The case of ASEAN
One day each will be dedicated to the four topics above. Participating graduate students are to prepare and present a 4000-word paper on one out of the four topics. The paper should be sent to the Course directors prior to the start of the Master Summer School, but not at the time of application. More information on the take on the four topics follow below:
Read more about the INU Master's Summer School on the INU website and check out photos from previous years.
HOW TO APPLY
Application should be made on the application form below with the attached documents:
- Letter of Motivation (including an explanation how the applicant intends to use the experience to support a study and career plan, and how the applicants intend to share the learning outcomes with fellow students)
- Proof of English
The application must be completed in English.
The application should be emailed to mobility.out(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat on the 6 May at the latest!!
Please scan your complete application and email it as one (1) attachment and write INU Seminar 2015 - Application in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 6 May 2014
Criteria for the selection of candidates are the following:
- Demonstrated high academic standards
- Letter of Motivation (including an explanation how the applicant intends to use the experience to support a study and career plan)
- Good knowledge in English
- Engagement in global issues
- Students who have done an academic exchange will be given priority
- Tel: 977 55 9754